Here we are with another episode of the Distracted Gamers Podcast. We have returned without fail to validate your existence for another week. Do you feel validated yet? You must not be trying hard enough. Go ahead, try again. I have all day. Do you feel validated now? Well, we’re going to go ahead without you, try to catch up.
We asked for bile and our listener email brought it. Chance starts by including language that would make a sailor feel right at home and it only gets better. We get his feelings on AT&T, Apple, and more. We leave out some of the saltier language (this is marginally family friendly after all), but we asked for hate and he delivered.
Chance also asks what we have been playing this week with the expectation of hearing Borderland and Dark Souls. Well, Jason hasn’t been playing Dark Souls or Borderlands. He’s been playing Wasteland 2. There are some things he would like to see improved, but has been enjoying the game for the most part. Rhett has been playing Dark Souls and has had some interesting encounters because of the invading game mechanic.
In the news dump we have:
- World of Warcraft updates
- PS Home Shutdown
- More Yogcast Kickstarter troubles
- Game consoles are the choice for streaming media
- Netflix usage on consoles is declining
- Louisiana Tea Party candidate blames atheism and violent video games for the Sandy Hook incident
- Third of Americans play mobile games
- California court dismisses claims against Activision and others
- PS4 outselling Xbone by about 2 times
- New music player for Steam
- Kinect used for military augmented reality project
- Comcast complains too expensive to compete against other cable providers
- Riot continues cracking down on rude League of Legends players
- Blizzard game code named “Titan” canceled. Cost $50 million to the company
- Sony getting ready for cancer research charity
- Wasteland 2 makes $1.5 million in sales
- 100 million accounts on Steam
- iPhone 6 sells 10 million units
- Playstation TV launches with 700 games available
- Noriega sues Activision for Call of Duty portrayal
- Terror group funding video game about fighting western force in middle east
- DC to release scratch and sniff Harley Quinn comic
- Hearthstone card game available
- Life size pikachu to go on sale
But wait, there’s more. That’s right there’s more nerdy goodness in the podcast.
Let us know what you think about the topics discussed tonight by commenting on our Twitter account or comment here our blog or go to the forum. You can also email us at email@example.com